In today’s precious metals market, it allows you to have the opportunity to diversify your financial portfolio. Gold is one of the best safe haven assets that helps to provide protection against a failing and falling US dollar. Ultimately it helps to protect you by hedging from the inevitable inflation. European gold coins are most well known for their Swiss 20 Francs, which provide you with all the insurance. The Swiss Franc is not the only safe haven out there, as there are many European coins available that do the same thing.
Fractional semi-numismatic European gold coins offer several features and benefits that are very attractive to many investors including:
-Privacy – (When you buy/liquidate, you are not required to provide your social security numbers). These coins offer privacy as there is no dealer reporting requirement as there is on bullion. If you sell bullion coins to a coin dealer, the dealer is required by the law to report the transaction to the IRS on a 1099 form.*You should consult with your tax advisor in regards to the proper reporting and taxability for all coins and precious metals.
-Protection – (Potential confiscation from government does not apply to these coins). You need to know how safe your coins are so you can have a peace of mind that your coins are safe.
-Liquidity – (Smaller sizes for making storage easier while fractional coins for easy conversion to cash). European gold coins are often composed of high gold purity levels. Typically they are 90% pure or more. Keep in mind these coins used to be used for legal tender and gold is a soft metal. The other 10% are metal compositions to ensure strength. The most common coins are around 1/5 of an ounce of gold to almost ¼ of an ounce. Due to the content of gold and their size, these coins will be prefect to barter with and or trade. European gold coins are known throughout the world and are extremely liquid.
-Limited Mintage – (Large profit potential due to shortages in supply). The governments obviously do not make these coins anymore; therefore shortages in the market are happening now. In regards to simple economics, a short supply with large demands insures astronomical profit potentials.
-European History- Europe is rich in history. The coins are beautiful and each coin with the respective history tell a unique story ranging from Angels to Kings and Queens. Most of the European gold coins trade at a much lower price relative to their American counterparts making them an excellent investment value with great history.
It is not only just the U.S. that is in financial trouble, it is a total world problem. Diversification is critical in every investment so be sure that not all your eggs are into one basket. When performing due-diligence throughout metal searches, keep in mind these coins are considered to be the most well-known. European Gold coins offer privacy, diversification and a tremendous investment opportunity.